Tuesday Morning Jolt

Every Tuesday, I'm going to start posting a video of a song, and discuss what that track means to me.  Not necessarily what the song means, but what it makes me feel, and what memories it may bring back.  Today's inaugural post is Pearl Jam covering Mother Love Bone's Crown of Thorns.
This song gets me two fold.  1.  Its being played by my favorite band.  2.  I've loved this song every since I first heard it back in 91-92, just pulls me right back to playing it on repeat over and over again.  Its one of those, that no matter how many times I hear it, I'm constantly surprised at how good it is.  .
It was on the Singles soundtrack, where I first heard it.  I knew who Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Hendrix & a few others were, but there was this one song called Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns by Mother Love Bone, that I fell in love with.  Then, come to find out a couple of members of Pearl Jam had come from MLB, well that was just icing on the cake.
That was a great period for me, as I was figuring out who I was, and who I wanted to be.  That movie, its soundtrack, the music of the period...I guess it opened up a whole new world to me, that was outside of the small Alabama community that I was growing up in.  I guess you can say that about any area that provides a great deal of good musicians, like New York or L.A.  But my attention was laser focused on Seattle and what was coming out of that city.  I wanted to live there.  I mean, really live there.  I wanted to live in the same apartment complex, go to the same coffee shops.  There's an alternate universe where at the age of 18, I packed my car, drove out there, and probably never came back.
Hope you enjoy it.  If not, well then I'm sad for you.

Comments

  1. Again I say, you're welcome! :) I often wonder what my life would be like moving somewhere I had always wanted to, but then I think I'm right where I need to be. If you moved to Seattle I might not have ever met you. Who knows, either way this song is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. But then again, if its destiny, like it certainly appears to be, then we probably still would have found each other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish That Sentence: Link-Up

Growing Up Hurt and Humiliated. Part 1

Diet Frustration. Tastes more like Regular Frustration